This pedestrianized, panoramic piazza is on the itinerary of every tour bus. The balustraded terrace was laid out in 1869 to give a sweeping vista of the Renaissance city, spread out in the valley below and backed by the green hills of Fiesole beyond. A bronze replica of “David” here points directly at his original home, outside the Palazzo Vecchio.