The local Presbyterian congregation, which dates to the early 1800s, completed this Greek Revival building in 1833. It was shelled during the Civil War, and, like St. George's Episcopal Church, served as a hospital where Clara Barton nursed Union wounded. Cannonballs in the front-left pillar and scars on the walls of the loft and belfry remain. The present church bell replaced one that was given to the Confederacy to be melted down for making cannons.