- Best Boutique Hotel: Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, 1 Devonshire Gardens, Glasgow G12 0UX (tel. 0141/339-2001), is one of the finest operations in Scotland, with some extremely sumptuous suites.
- Best Spa Facilities: Blythswood Square, 11 Blythswood Sq., Glasgow G2 4AD (tel. 0141/208-2458), is not only the best in this category: It's the best new operation in a long time.
- Best Merchant City Hotel: Brunswick Hotel, 106-108 Brunswick St., Glasgow G1 1TF (tel. 0141/552-0001), is one of the hippest hotels in the city.
- Best Hotel with Pub: Babbity Bowster, 16-18 Blackfriars St. (off High St.), Glasgow G1 1PE (tel. 0141/552-5055), is in a class all of its own.
- Best Traditional Luxury Hotel: Hilton Glasgow Hotel, 1 William St., Glasgow G3 8HT (tel. 800/445-8667 in the U.S. and Canada, or 0141/204-5555), ticks all the boxes for a top-class international hotel.
- Best B&B/Guesthouse: Alamo Guest House, 46 Gray St., Glasgow G3 7SE (tel. 0141/339-2395), has only one known downside, which is shared bathrooms.
- Best Designed Hotel: Radisson Blu, 301 Argyle St., Glasgow G2 8DL (tel. 0141/204-3333), is an arresting sight in Glasgow city center.
- Best Budget West End Hotel: Ambassador Hotel, 7 Kelvin Dr., Glasgow G20 8QJ (tel. 0141/946-1018), offers good value for money in a leafy district of the city.
- Best Boutique Chain Hotel: Malmaison, 278 W. George St., Glasgow G2 4LL (tel. 0141/572-1000), has lost little of its glamour and allure.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.