The Best Places to Eat in the Parks
The parks’ restaurants aren’t as much about five-star dining (with one notable exception) as they are about kicking back in a friendly, one-of-a-kind atmosphere to enjoy hearty fare.
- Jenny Lake Lodge Dining Room ( tel. 307/543-3352): This luxurious dining room stands head and shoulders above the rest with an expertly prepared, five-course prix-fixe dinner. Expect lots of local ingredients from the Jackson Farmers’ Market, creative flavors, and impeccable service. Lodge guests get breakfast and dinner with the price of their room, but non-guests can also make reservations (top-quality dining means top dollar).
- The Mural Room (tel. 307/543-3463): Jackson Lake Lodge’s signature restaurant is known even more for its fantastic window views looking out over the Tetons than it is for its (quite good) food.
The Best Places to Eat Outside the Parks
You might be practically in the wilderness out here, but the park’s gateway towns boast some mighty fine dining choices.
- In Jackson, Wyoming: It’s tough to pick just one favorite in the culinary capital of Wyoming, but Snake River Grill (tel. 307/733-0557) has long been the preferred stop of locals and guests alike for its inventive, genre-blending dishes ranging from Asian-style noodles to quail. It’s a splurge, but a worthy one.
- In Cody, Wyoming: Cassie’s Supper Club (tel. 307/527-5500) is a brothel turned cowboy eatery, plating up some of the best steaks in the Rockies. After dinner, country bands hold court over the bustling dance floor.
- Near Gardiner, Montana: Chico Dining Room (tel. 406/333-4933), the restaurant at a beloved hot springs resort, offers a refined dining experience in the middle of nowhere. There’s no better way to finish a day (or kick off an evening) of thermal relaxation than with a superb meal and a glass of wine from the extensive list here
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.