advertisement

Built in 1824, this former Regency villa houses the Greville collection of antiques, paintings, and tapestries. In the early part of the 20th century, it was enlarged to become a comfortable Edwardian country house, home of celebrated hostess Mrs. Ronald Greville, who frequently entertained royalty from 1906 to 1939. The estate has 560 hectares (1,400 acres). Stroll the 18th-century garden, lined with herbaceous borders and featuring a rose garden and beech trees.