- Dublin Tourist Office (www.visitdublin.com): This site is the most comprehensive resource for visiting the capital. We especially like the last-minute booking service, which lets you find out which hotels and guesthouses have immediate availability, as well as which are offering The Best discounts.
- Irelandhotels.com (www.irelandhotels.com): What catapults this accommodations database ahead of all the others is its "search by facility" function. Gotta have a gym? Need to find a babysitter? Want in-room Wi-Fi for your laptop? No problem. Plug in your requirements and you'll get a list of hotels and guesthouses that fit the bill.
- Tourism Ireland (www.discoverireland.ie): Bord Fáilte's site is easy to navigate and extremely informative. It's an excellent place to gather ideas for your trip.
- AA Roadwatch (www.aaroadwatch.ie): Planning on driving? The route-planning feature of the Irish Automobile Association's site is brilliantly simple. Plug in a starting point and destination and you'll get a detailed, no-brainer set of directions from A to B.
- Entertainment Ireland (www.entertainment.ie): This handy, exhaustive, searchable database includes just about every event in Ireland, from museum exhibitions and rock concerts to new plays and nightclub theme nights -- and there are well-written reviews of them all.
- Irish Family History Foundation (www.irishroots.net): This comprehensive genealogy resource contains documentation from all 32 counties. Much of the archived information is free for your perusal, or you can avail yourself of researchers.
- Newshound (www.nuzhound.com): Hands down, this is The Best single resource for keeping up-to-date on Northern Ireland. It's a searchable library of news articles about developments in the North, including a terrific timeline of key events in the troubles. In addition, there are articles on the Republic, as well as travel and dining reviews.
- Menu Pages (www.menupages.ie): This online restaurant guide hosts the latest menus, prices, locations, and customer reviews of restaurants in Ireland's biggest towns. The frank reviews by recent customers can be brutally honest. Also, restaurant special offers are featured on the home page daily.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.