- Best Classic Casinos: On the Strip there is no place that honors its history quite like Caesars Palace, where you can still enjoy the classic Roman splendor that has been wowing gamblers since 1966. And though they no longer have the World Series of Poker, serious players still head directly to Binion’s for its Swingers vibe (the film not the lifestyle!) and lively table game action.
- Best Modern Casinos: When we first saw the contemporary, cutting-edge decor at Aria Las Vegas, we thought that nothing could top it in terms of modern casino luxury. But then along came the bold, artistic statement of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and we realized we just might have a competition on our hands.
- Best Glitter Gulch Casinos: Downtown Las Vegas casinos often have lower limits and friendlier dealers, two things that can make losing money less egregious. The best of the breed in the area are the Golden Nugget, all warm hues and laid-back fun, and The Downtown Grand, which manages to be both modern and charmingly retro at the same time.
- Best Local Casinos: Most neighborhood casinos are low-limit, no-frills joints, but the casinos at Red Rock Resort, Green Valley Ranch, and Palace Station are as stylish as many on the Strip. That they can be that visually appealing and still maintain most of the thrifty attitude that the locals’ casinos are known for is almost a miracle.
- Best Budget Casinos: You won’t find any ostentatious opulence at The Orleans, but you will find thousands of low-limit slot and video poker machines and dozens of gaming tables that won’t cost you an arm and a leg to join. Meanwhile The Four Queens in Downtown Las Vegas offers similarly low-priced gambling options in comfortable and friendly surroundings.
- Best Splurge Casino: Yes, you can find high-limit slots and table games pretty much anywhere, but why not surround yourself with the opulent decor and high-class furnishings of Wynn/Encore?
- Best Blast from the Past Casinos: Both the D Las Vegas and the Eastside Cannery have a selection of “classic” machines that still take and dispense actual coins!
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.