Located in Leiden’s fine cloth hall, dating from 1640, the city’s civic museum focuses on a collection of paintings by Dutch artists of the 16th and 17th centuries including Rembrandt and Jan Steen. The masterpiece of the exhibits is the masterly “Last Judgment” triptych by Lucas van Leyden, which was rescued from Leiden’s main church, the Pieterskerk, during the Alteration of 1578. In among the guild silverware and decorative arts found in the museum’s modern wing, purpose-built in the 1920s, is a bronze cooking pot believed to have belonged to William of Orange himself.