Originally built during the 1200s in the early Gothic style, the Church of the Minorite Brothers was for some time the seat of the city's municipal government until the larger Landhaus was built around it in the late 1500s. The interior was given a baroque overlay in 1758. The building's masterpiece is the high altar by Bartolomeo Altomonte, depicting the Annunciation. The church also contains three red-marble side altars.