- Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn is a terrific choice for wallet-watching families: Rates are low, the North Hollywood location is close to Universal Studios (a free shuttle ride away), and kids stay and eat free -- and even get their own rooms, called KidSuites.
- Hotel Erwin gives families a place to stay just off the carnival-like Venice boardwalk. The suites are a terrific choice for the brood, as all feature a full kitchen, a dining area, a pullout sofa, and a connecting door to an adjoining room that lets you form an affordable two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite.
- Inn at Venice Beach is ideal for ocean-loving families thanks to its near-the-beach location. The 3-block walk is lined with snack bars, surf shops, and bike and skate rentals. The 12-and-under set is welcomed free of charge, and everyone starts the day with a complimentary breakfast.
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel welcomes kids 10 and under with open arms, activities, and special menus. And with a great location near the beach and Santa Monica amusement pier, the hotel couldn't be better situated for families in search of surf and sun.
- Magic Castle Hotel is a good budget choice, with roomy apartment-style suites; it's close to Hollywood Boulevard's family-friendly attractions.
- Sheraton Universal Hotel enjoys a terrifically kid-friendly location, adjacent to Universal Studios and the fun CityWalk mall. Plus, they offer family-friendly packages, which include admission to the park.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.