advertisement

The Rebstock's roots date from the 12th century, when the site was used as a monastery. By 1443, the half-timbered building was in use by the winegrowers' guild. Rooms at the Rebstock, while often small, are individually decorated with an arty feel, and make good use of the hotel's somewhat labyrinthine configuration. Some features are showing signs of needing an update, but service is friendly and welcoming and the hotel's restaurants and generous breakfasts score bonus points. Rooms facing Sankt Leodegarstrasse can be a little noisy in the summer months, when al fresco dining and drinking takes place and it seems that most of the city stays outside until late at night. A sister establishment, the Hofgarten, lies just behind it on Stadthofstrasse.