- Spa Moana at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa (tel. 800/233-1234 or 808/661-1234; www.maui.hyatt.com): The island's first oceanfront spa, this 20,000-square-foot facility offers an open-air exercise lanai, wet-treatment rooms, massage rooms, a relaxation lounge, sauna and steam rooms, a Roman pool illuminated by overhead skylights, and a duet treatment suite for couples.
- Spa at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua (tel. 800/262-8440 or 808/669-6200; www.ritzcarlton.com): Book a massage on the beach. The spa itself is welcoming and wonderful, but there is nothing like smelling the salt in the air and feeling the gentle caress of the wind in your hair while experiencing a true Hawaiian massage.
- Spa Kea Lani at the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui (tel. 800/659-4100 or 808/875-4100; www.fairmont.com/kealani): This intimate, Art Deco boutique spa (just a little over 5,000 sq. ft., with nine treatment rooms) is the place for personal and private attention. The fitness center next door is open 24 hours (a rarity in Hawaiian resorts) with a personal trainer on duty some 14 hours a day.
- Spa at the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (tel. 800/334-MAUI  or 808/874-8000; www.fourseasons.com/maui): Imagine the sound of the waves rolling on Wailea Beach as you are soothingly massaged in the privacy of your cabana, tucked in among the beachside foliage. This is the place to come to be absolutely spoiled. Yes, there's an excellent workout area and tons of great classes, but the specialty here is hedonistic indulgence.
- Spa Grande at the Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa (tel. 800/888-6100 or 808/875-1234; www.grandwailea.com): This is Hawaii's biggest spa, at 50,000 square feet and with 40 treatment rooms. The spa incorporates the best of the Old World (romantic ceiling murals, larger-than-life Roman-style sculptures, mammoth Greek columns, huge European tubs), the finest Eastern traditions (a full Japanese-style traditional bath and various exotic treatments from India), and the lure of the islands (tropical foliage, ancient Hawaiian treatments, and island products). It has everything from a top fitness center to a menu of classes and is constantly on the cutting edge of the latest trends.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.