The Best Hotel Bets
- Best Green Hotel: Hutton Hotel, 1808 West End Ave. (tel. 615/340-9333; www.huttonhotel.com), sets a new standard of excellence for sustainability, from the decor, which features reclaimed wood and bamboo furnishings, to its use of biodegradable cleaning products and energy-saving lighting, plumbing, and elevators. Even the hotel's two luxury courtesy vehicles are hybrid SUVs.
- Best for Business Travelers: The Nashville Airport Marriott, 600 Marriott Dr. (tel. 800/228-9290 or 615/889-9300; www.marriott.com), is designed specifically with business travelers in mind, offering the tools to make any stay productive while offering a warm environment that makes it easy for those road warriors to unwind. Close to the airport and easy to find, the hotel is also renowned throughout the city for its bountiful breakfast buffet.
- Most Like a Cruise Ship: With the Grand Ole Opry and numerous theaters showcasing live country music nearby, an endless array of restaurants, bars, shops, and a world-class spa, the gargantuan Gaylord Opryland Resort, 2800 Opryland Dr. (tel. 888/777-OPRY  or 615/889-1000; www.gaylordhotels.com), is a cocoon of comfort and entertainment.
The Best Splurge Hotels
- The Hermitage Hotel, 231 Sixth Ave. N. (tel. 888/888-9414 or 615/244-3121; www.thehermitagehotel.com): Built in 1910 in the Beaux Arts style, the Hermitage boasts the most elegant lobby in the city. The marble columns, gilded plasterwork, and stained-glass ceiling recapture the luxuries of a bygone era. This is a classic grand hotel, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Nashville. Not only is the posh Hermitage Hotel one of the classiest and most romantic hotels in Tennessee, it also will accept -- and even pamper -- your pet.
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, 2100 West End Ave. (tel. 800/23-LOEWS [235-6397] or 615/320-1700; www.loewsvanderbilt.com): If you want to be near the trendy West End area of town, treat yourself to a stay at this sophisticated luxury hotel. European tapestries and original works of art adorn the travertine-floored lobby. Service is gracious and attentive.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.