The majestic old windmill in Cove Park (next to Town Cove) has been authentically restored and is open for guided tours in season. Though it is no longer grinding corn and barley, the mill's works are fully operable. Most mills on the Cape have been moved many times from town to town, and the Orleans mill has certainly seen more than its share of relocations. The mill was built in the early 1700s in South Orleans. In 1839 it was moved to Orleans center and then to Hyannis Port. In 1983 it was moved back to Orleans and donated to the Orleans Historical Society. Some of the guides at the mill are actual millers, who give visitors an entertaining spiel about the millwrights (the men who built the mills and kept the gears in working order) and millers (who ground the corn) who have worked at this mill over the centuries.