- The Coffee Estate Inn (Boquete; tel. 6821-6215; www.coffeeestateinn.com): Gorgeous views of Volcán Barú, cozy bungalows with full kitchens, and owner-managed, friendly service tailored to your needs are the hallmarks of the Coffee Estate Inn. The bungalows are enveloped in native forest, fruit trees, and flowers that attract myriad birds. The romantic ambience is ideal for honeymooners.
- Boquete Garden Inn (Boquete; tel. 011/720-2376; www.boquetegardeninn.com): The price is nice, and the pretty manicured gardens and comfy cabin-style rooms make this B&B an irresistible deal. The setting, on the outskirts of town, is quiet, save the sound of a babbling creek. The cabins are newly renovated and have kitchenettes.
- Cielito Sur (Nueva Suiza; tel. 771-2038; www.cielitosur.com): The first thing you'll notice at this lovely country inn is the dozens of hummingbirds whizzing around the property. The Cielito is an ideal place for travelers seeking a pastoral setting, snug guest rooms, and easy-to-plan excursions. The inn also has lots of common areas, including a living area with lounge chairs and a well-stocked library.
- Los Mandarinos Hotel (El Valle de Antón; tel. 983-6645): Perched on a gently sloping hill and offering picturesque views of the Antón crater, this deluxe boutique hotel is also home to one of Panama's best restaurants. The Tuscan-style hotel recently opened a spa, and they rent bikes and arrange tours.
- Park Eden Bed & Breakfast (El Valle de Antón; tel. 983-6167; www.parkeden.com): It's the true definition of a B&B: owner-run; lots of charming, country decor; hearty breakfasts; and warm, gracious service. The storybook setting is amid flowering gardens and forest.
- Villa Marina Lodge (tel. 832-5044): Best described as a family home that happens to rent out rooms, this beachfront B&B is a find, located on the shore of surfing beach Playa Venado. The colonial-style home, set on 89 hectares (220 acres) of private land and boasting beautiful sunsets, is elegantly appointed -- but the ambience is easeful, not fussy. Villa Marina is best rented with a group, but individual reservations are accepted, too.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.