This grand and elegant Regency-style church was built by the first Presbyterian congregation in Georgia, founded in 1755. Their original church burned down in 1796, while the first incarnation on the current site was modeled after St. Martin in the Fields in London and was completed in 1819. This version also burned down, in the great fire of 1889, but the current faithful reproduction was completed in 1891, replete with a magnificent spire and one of the most beautiful interiors in the city. Future president Woodrow Wilson was married here in 1885.
- Frommer's Staff