This church, built between 1848 and 1850, is known as the “Mother Church of Savannah Methodism.” It is hardly the most opulent church in Savannah, but it holds a fascination for students of architecture. It is known for its hand-hewn pine on its interior. It was constructed of stucco over Savannah gray brick, and its interior design is evocative of the Wesley Chapel in London. The formula for the Savannah gray brick is no longer in existence, having died with its inventor.
- Frommer's Staff