The Best Places to Stay & Eat Inside the Parks
- Wuksachi Lodge: By far the most upscale lodging in Sequoia & Kings Canyon, this hotel near Sequoia's Lodgepole Village features a good restaurant and great views of the forest and surrounding mountains.
- Silver City Mountain Resort: Located off the beaten path in Sequoia's Mineral King area, this is an excellent choice for those seeking a woodsy experience. There are several types of cabins here, and the restaurant bakes a great pie.
The Best Places to Stay & Eat Outside the Parks
- Evergreen Lodge (Groveland): A rough-and-tumble Prohibition-era destination for the workers who built the dam that flooded nearby Hetch Hetchy Valley, Evergreen Lodge has been reborn as one of the best cabin resorts in the Sierra Nevada.
- Château du Sureau & Spa (Oakhurst): One of the standout small resorts in all of California, the lavish Château du Sureau is as close as you can get to Europe on this side of the Atlantic. The restaurant, Erna's Elderberry House, is similarly outstanding.
- Sequoia Village Inn (Three Rivers): Just outside park boundaries, the Sequoia Village Inn offers charming cabin-style units. Stylishly decorated with lodgepole-pine bed frames and hardwood floors, they're great for couples and families alike.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.