- Patpong (Bangkok, Thailand): Yes, that Patpong. If go-go bars and sex shows aren't your style, you'll still find plenty to do. After you're finished shopping in the crowded Night Market, you'll see plenty of restaurants, pubs, and discos that cater to folks who prefer more traditional nightlife.
- Disco Lives! (Laos): Go to a disco . . . any disco. In the basement of Vientiane's Lao Plaza Hotel is a reasonable big-city facsimile, but ask around in any small town for what's going on.
- Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam): From the tawdry to the socialite scene, you'll find it in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Most evenings begin with an elegant (but very reasonable) French or Vietnamese dinner; then it's barhopping time in the compact downtown, mingling with trendy locals and fun-loving expats.
- Singapore: Nightlife is becoming increasingly sophisticated in Singapore, where locals have more money for recreation and fun. Take the time to choose the place that suits your personality.
- Bangsar (near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia): Folks in Kuala Lumpur know to go to Bangsar for nighttime excitement. A couple of blocks of concentrated restaurants, cafes, discos, pubs, and wine bars will tickle any fancy.
- Seminyak (Bali): Certain nightclubs such as Paparazzi and Bacio don't even get going until 2am, but there are plenty of options including Living Room and Hu'u Bar to keep you busy until then.
Things to Do
- The Best Luxury Hotels
- The Best Markets
- Best Dining Bets
- The Best Adventures
- The Best Museums
- The Best Shopping
- The Best After-Dark
- The Best Small Towns and Villages
- The Best Beaches
- The Most Intriguing Historical Sites
- The Best Festivals and Celebrations
- The Most Unforgettable Travel Experiences
- The Best Hotel Bargains
- What's New
- Planning a Trip
- In Depth
- Suggested Itineraries