- St-Jean Beach, St. Barts: This beach is split into two beaches by the Eden Rock hotel, but it's lovely nonetheless, and just steps away from great shopping and dining.
- Colombier Beach, St. Barts: This beloved beach can only be reached by two hiking trails -- one a 25-minute walk along a rocky goat trail -- or by boat. It's ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
- Flamands Beach, St. Barts: The island's biggest beach, Flamands has fine sand and that rarity on St. Barts beaches: shade.
- Gouverneur Beach, St. Barts: On the island's south side, this beach is just steps from the parking lot. It's a beauty, with good surf and snorkeling by the rocks.
- Salines Beach, St. Barts: From the parking lot, it's a 10- or 15-minute walk along somewhat rocky terrain to this protected cove with body-surfable waves. Like all of St. Barts' strands, it's clothing optional. Spend a morning here, then head to Grain de Sel for a spot-on Creole lunch.