Regina Labega: My Favorite St. Maarten
Regina Labega, St. Maarten's Director of Tourism, is passionate about her island, both the Dutch and French sides. Instead of competing with one another, as she has famously said, the two "complement each other." Here are her favorite island activities:
- Going on an island tour by boat — it's beautiful and relaxing.
- Visiting my favorite beach, Friar's Bay.
- Dining at Temptation restaurant (especially for the foie gras).
- Looking out over Orient Bay.
- Seeing St. Maarten by air. I also love to watch the planes land from Sunset Beach Bar.
- Watching King Beau-Beau perform. When I think of a singer on St. Maarten, I think of Beau-Beau; he is our Frank Sinatra!
- Shopping for perfume and jewelry in Philipsburg — shops here have the most exotic pieces you can find, especially white gold.
- I love to hear the ocean and gaze at the hills. It makes me feel calm.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.