In the pages that follow, we've compiled everything you need to know about how to handle the practical details of planning your trip in advance -- from airlines to a calendar of events to details on currency and more.
Destination: Sweden -- Predeparture Checklist
- Citizens of European Union countries can cross into Sweden for as long as they wish. Citizens of other countries must have a passport.
- If you purchased traveler's checks, have you recorded the check numbers and stored the documentation separately from the checks?
- Did you pack your camera and an extra set of camera batteries, and purchase enough film? If you packed film in your checked baggage, did you invest in protective pouches to shield film from airport X-rays?
- Do you have a safe, accessible place to store money?
- Did you bring identification cards that could entitle you to discounts, such as AAA and AARP cards, student IDs, and so on?
- Did you bring emergency drug prescriptions and extra glasses and/or contact lenses?
- Do you have your credit card PIN numbers?
- If you have an e-ticket for your flight, do you have documentation?
- Did you leave a copy of your itinerary with someone at home?
- Do you have the address and phone number of your country's embassy with you?
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.