This modest little 14th-century chapel, situated on a narrow street in the old Jewish Quarter, holds two treasures: a de Graaf pipe organ that makes it a choice venue for organ concerts, and El Greco’s masterpiece The Burial of the Count of Orgaz ★★★, created in 1586. The painting is no longer displayed inside the church; it is mounted in a separate entranceway to accommodate both visitors to the painting and the congregants who use the church for worship. Bus groups often descend on the El Greco painting en masse. To avoid big crowds, go when the chapel first opens.
- Frommer's Staff