The TCI is as much a first-rate family destination as it is a top honeymoon retreat. Plenty of properties offer ways to entertain and pamper the kids. Here are my top choices for great family fun.
- Beaches Turks & Caicos, Lower Bight Road, Provo (tel. 800/232-2437): Beaches keeps walking away with top honors as one of the region's top family resorts. And why not? It's got Sesame Street characters ambling around the property, camps and daily activities, kid-targeted restaurants, and a full-service nursery. And somehow the landscaping is kept immaculate.
- Grace Bay Club, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 800/946-5757): The setup here couldn't be better for accommodating both families and romantic twosomes -- each has its own set of villas, pools, and restaurants. The resort's Kids' Town has a clubhouse with daily activities and "campouts" on the beach.
- Ocean Club Resorts, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 800/457-8787): It's family fun all the time at these popular resorts, with day camps, great pools, and kitchens.
- Royal West Indies, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 800/332-4203): This sprawling resort is another spot that deftly accommodates both families and couples, with full kitchen facilities and a great kiddie pool set apart from the "Quiet Zone" pool. It's got a terrific casual restaurant that somehow satisfies both grownups and little ones.
- The Sands at Grace Bay, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 877/777-2637): This has always been one of the top spots in Provo for families (fully equipped kitchens, nice pool, great beach), and with a major makeover and refurbishment, it's better than ever. It even has a giant toy box in the sands of Grace Bay crammed with beach toys.
- Seven Stars, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 866/570-7777): With a big kids' playground and lockout capacity for 2- and 3-bedroom suites, this resort is tailor-made for families. It's got the only heated pool on the island (saltwater, too!), a nice touch for little ones learning to swim.
- The Somerset, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 877/887-5722): Its sprawling suites are tailor-made for families, as is the infinity pool. Add to that a kid-friendly Caribbean staff that gets to know the little ones on a first-name basis, a big enticement for families to come back year after year.
- West Bay Club, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 866/607-4156): The nicely appointed suites have full kitchens, roomy bathrooms, and enormous closet space. The pool has a tiered section for toddlers, and the hands-on management couldn't be more hospitable. Plus you're just 10 minutes away in either direction from good beachfront snorkeling.
- The Veranda, Grace Bay, Provo (tel. 877/945-5757): It looks like Main Street by the Sea, a movie-set village with gingerbread trim, rockers on wooden porches, and broad swathes of neatly trimmed green. Once this new oceanfront resort is fully operational, it will have kid-specific areas with lots of fun stuff for the little ones.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.