The TCI is as much a first-rate family destination as it is a top honeymoon retreat. Plenty of properties offer ways to entertain and pamper the kids. Here are my top choices for great family fun.
- The Alexandra, Grace Bay, Provo (www.alexandraresort.com/gallery/): This all-inclusive has just about every family enticement you could want, from a sweet stretch of Grace Bay beach to watersports galore, a big pool, and Fun Pals programs. Oh, and did we mention all kids under 12 eat, stay, and play for free?
- Beaches Turks & Caicos, Lower Bight Road, Provo (www.beaches.com/resorts/turks-caicos/): Beaches keeps walking away with top honors as one of the region's top family resorts. And why not? It's got Sesame Street characters ambling around the property, camps and daily activities, kid-targeted restaurants, and a full-service nursery. And somehow the landscaping remains immaculate.
- Grace Bay Club, Grace Bay, Provo (https://gracebayresorts.com/gracebayclub): The setup here couldn't be better for accommodating both families and romantic twosomes -- each has its own set of villas, pools, and restaurants. The resort's Kids' Town has a clubhouse with daily activities and "campouts" on the beach.
- Ocean Club Resorts, Grace Bay, Provo (www.oceanclubresorts.com): It's family fun all the time at these popular resorts, with day camps, great pools, and kitchens.
- Royal West Indies, Grace Bay, Provo (https://royalwestindies.com): This sprawling resort is another spot that deftly accommodates both families and couples, with full kitchen facilities and a great kiddie pool set apart from the "Quiet Zone" pool.
- The Sands at Grace Bay, Grace Bay, Provo (www.thesandstc.com): This has always been one of the top spots in Provo for families (fully equipped kitchens, nice pool, great beach), and with a major makeover and refurbishment, it's better than ever. It even has a giant toy box crammed with beach toys.
- Seven Stars, Grace Bay, Provo (www.sevenstarsgracebay.com): With a kids' playground, a basketball court, and a floating trampoline, this resort is catnip for the entire family. It's got the only heated pools on the island (saltwater, too!), a nice touch for little ones learning to swim.
- The Somerset, Grace Bay, Provo (https://thesomerset.com): Its sprawling suites are tailor-made for families, as is the infinity pool. Add to that a kid-friendly Caribbean staff that gets to know the little ones on a first-name basis, a big enticement for families to come back year after year.
- West Bay Club, Grace Bay, Provo (thewestbayclub.com): The handsomely appointed suites have full kitchens, roomy bathrooms, and enormous closet space. The pool has a tiered section for toddlers, and the hands-on management couldn't be more hospitable. Plus you're just 10 minutes away in either direction from good beachfront snorkeling.
- Parrot Cay, Parrot Cay (https://parrotcay.com): It may be romance central, but I've never seen an unhappy kid here, whether they're finding sand dollars on the beach, snorkeling, sailing, or stand-up paddleboarding, riding bikes, or planting their own coconut palm in the coconut plantation.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.