The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board (www.turksandcaicostourism.com) has offices in Stubbs Diamond Plaza, Providenciales (tel. 649/946-4970), and Front Street, Cockburn Town, Grand Turk (tel. 649/946-2321). The New York City office is now overseen by Pamela Ewing (tel. 646/375-8830). In Canada, the tourist board has an office at 175 Bloor St. East, Ste. 307, South Tower, Toronto, ON (tel. 866/413-8875 or 416/642-9771).
Sightseeing on the Web -- Whenever possible throughout this guide, we've included Web addresses along with phone numbers and addresses for attractions, outfitters, and other companies. We've also given each hotel and resort's website, to give you a better idea of a property before you make your reservation. In addition, most hotels have special package deals only offered on their websites.
The following recommended Turks and Caicos-specific websites can be of enormous help in planning your trip:
- www.turksandcaicos.tc: The TCI Mall, sponsored by LIME, the television and Internet provider, is an exhaustive source of information. It's best in providing local community information (all the local newspapers are linked here) and provides a thorough rundown of each island (including the less-traveled islands).
- http://turksandcaicoshta.com: The official site of the Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association.
- www.tcmuseum.org: The Turks & Caicos National Museum is a delight. This website is an informative reflection of the museum's collection, the islands' history and culture, and the ongoing research projects affiliated with the museum.
- www.nationaltrust.tc: The site of the Turks & Caicos National Trust, a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to the preservation of the cultural, historical, and natural heritage of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- www.timespub.tc: The website for the Times of the Islands, a quarterly magazine that has meaty features on TCI flora and fauna, history, culture, food, and business.