advertisement

The former Venetian base of the Carmelites, finished off in the 18th century, is now a shrine of sorts to Giambattista Tiepolo, who painted the ceiling of the upstairs hall between 1739 and 1749. It’s truly a magnificent sight, Tiepolo’s elaborate rococo interpretation of “Simon Stock Receiving the Scapular” now fully restored along with various panels throughout the building.