If you really want to be intense about this (for your sanity and relaxation, don't), there are obsessive resources that go into granular detail. Disney can’t so much as polish a floor or replant a flower without these outlets catching it, so there's a high risk of falling down a rabbit hole of information you don't really need. Top choices:
• On YouTube, MickeyViews has amassed a following for extremely detailed and even-handed news updates, while TPMVids specializes in buoyant nostalgia and trivia. Yesterworld makes deep dives into attraction history.
• AllEars.net offers encyclopedic compendiums of everything Disney, down to the menus, what's under renovation, and which rooms are best.
• InsideUniversal.net and OrlandoInformer.com comprehensively report Universal, including deals.
• WDW News Today (www.wdwnt.com), WDWmagic.com, and WDWinfo.com (and its DISBoards.com) host some of the most active message forums for news, but their tone for some can be defensively Disney-positive.
• The independently run PartyThroughTheParks.com rates drinking and nightlife and DisneyFoodBlog.com keeps track of meals.
• MouseSavers.com and TheMouseForLess.com post current Disney deals.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.