- Take in the Scenery from Mount Victoria: Take a leisurely drive to the top and enjoy the spectacular views in all directions, or allow an hour or so to walk up the well-marked tracks, enjoy the sights, and return down a different route.
- Savor Botanic Beauty: Enjoy the lush greenbelt in the heart of the city. Check out the Carter Observatory and the sculptures in the gardens.
- Explore Te Papa: Don't overlook the possibility that one visit to the stunning Te Papa National Museum of New Zealand simply may not be enough!
- Tour the Beehive: Hope that a Parliamentary session coincides with your visit and stay and listen to the debates. Enjoy the artwork, too.
- Wander Along Oriental Parade: Amble along the waterfront, enjoying the architecture, the cafes, the views, and the buzz of activity as Wellingtonians race past on in-line skates and bikes.
- Get Wet in the Bucket Fountain: A popular city landmark since 1969 when it was unveiled as the centerpiece of the new Cuba Mall, the fountain surprises, soaks, and delights adults, children, and dogs alike.