Built in 1924, the Embassy was New Zealand’s grandest picture place. Now owned by Wellington City Council, it got a huge makeover in the early 2000s for the premieres of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and King Kong. It now shows a mix of current and classic films. Blondini’s jazz lounge and cafe is in the foyer.
- Frommer's Staff