Advice on mid-July trip
I'd appreciate advise. Our trip is complicated by the fact we fly into Liberia & out of San Jose. We also want to visit and pick up our daughter who is on a self-sustaining farm south of Pursical. Husband and I are late 50's, kids are young adults. Here's our tentative plan.
1. Arrive Liberia at noon, pick up rent car and drive to Arenal
2. Hike around Volcano and leave rent car (cheaper than shuttle even with drop off fees)
3. Shuttle/boat to Tortuguero and stay at Casa Marabella
4. AM canal tour and pm turtle tour.
5. Flight to San Jose, pick up rent car and drive south of Pursical to Lanas. 4 nights on farm.
6-8 Stay on Farm
9. Drive to San Gerardo de Rivas. Stay at Casa Mariposa.
10. Hike Cloudbridge Nature Preserve. Drive to Dominical for 5 night vacation rental.
12. Dominical - day trip to Manuel Antonio
13. Dominical - marine reserve
14. Drive to San Jose
15. Fly home
I would really like to see the cloudforest so I'm squeezing in San Gerardo de Rivas. We could do it as a day trip from Domical but I think we need to start hikes bright and early. Have to admit I'm tired just thinking about everything but we do have 4 days of downtime on the farm and 4 days on the coast. I appreciate advise.