Itinerary Feedback Needed: 3 Weeks in Chile and Argentina
My husband and I are planning our first trip to South American for December 2019. The plan is to fly Chicago - Santiago on Nov 30 / Dec 1 and return via Buenos Aires on Dec 23 / 24. This is our itinerary after a few rounds of edits based on reading the forum, books, research so hopefully, it's pretty close. We have not booked anything yet so open/able to adjust based on feedback. Would love to get some feedback from the experts!
Overall, looking for feedback on our pace, any trouble areas you see, and any must-see/must-do favorites in any of these destinations. Again, have never been to South America and I am beginning to understand just how vast it is so want to make sure we are being smart.
Santiago - 3 nights
Atacama - 3 nights
- Looking to stay at Terrantai Lodge
- Recos for excursion companies, must see stops.
Valparaiso - 3 nights
- Best way to get from Santiago Airport to Valparaiso?
- Recos for wine tours? Casablanca Valley or Maipo Valley?
Southern Patagonia - 4 nights
- Looking to stay at Patagonia Camp. Fav excursions from anyone who has stayed there?
Stella Australis - Puerto Arenas to Ushuaia - 4 nights
- This would be Dec 14-18 so building other trip dates around this.
Ushuaia - 2 nights
- Initially, we were just going to do one night here but it sounds like this is a bigger destination than we initially realized. Worth 2 nights? Fav things to do?
Buenos Aires - 3 nights
Appreciate any/all constructive feedback!