Thank you for subscribing!
Got it! Thank you!

We're upgrading the Forums!

You can now add or change a profile photo. Simply click on your username above and upload an image. User blogs will be added back very soon.

advertisement

Forums » Germany » Bavaria´s lake districts to choose from_Munich trip

Dipankar

Bavaria´s lake districts to choose from_Munich trip

by Dipankar »

Hello Friends,

Coming 9th June My wife will come to Germany After 4 months and we would liek to tour south of Germany.

I live near Essen and would drive.

The tentative Tour plan is as mentioned below. 

Day1 : travel from Velbert to (XX) Lake district , evening Stroll, walk, small hike.

Overnight @ Hotel or vcation home.

Day2 : Explore the small town, Boat ride, trek or evening Stroll, walk, small hike. Evening in München.

Day3 : Explore München.

Day4 : Check out and drive to Schloss Neuschwanstein. Spend day out.

Not sure which place to stay overnight.!!

Day5 :  Drive back

Plan not confirmed yet : Fly to St. Peter-Ording and spend next days.

QUESTION1 : Which lake area to choose from out of the 10 nice ones, Ammersee, Tagernsee, Starnberger See, Chiemsee, Walchensee etc.

QUESTION 2 : Is it a good idea to make a base here one of them and then travel to München and near by areas.

QUESTION 3 : Can you please suggest or advice nice vacation homes in these places as I dont want to be in Expensive lake side hotels.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Dipankar..

billiv

RE: Bavaria´s lake districts to choose from_Munich trip

by billiv »

For Neuschwanstein, there are many nice pensions in Hohenschwangau and Schawangau with views of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles.  www.schwangau.de has info on the area and you can search for accommodations.

We stayed at this place, BUT it was 15 years ago--it was very nice with a great view of Neuschwanstein Castle overhead, and I hope it has not changed, but who knows?  www.albrecht-neuschwanstein.de

advertisement