Input on itinerary for six-week trip in September
My husband and I are planning to visit Greece from late Aug. through early Oct. 2018. We want to see as much as we can but at a pace where we don’t feel we’re rushing around “ticking boxes.” Our priorities are nature/beaches/ocean (snorkeling, SCUBA, sailing, swimming), local culture/food/wine/people, and historical sites. We’ve tentatively planned the itinerary below and would welcome any comments/suggestions about how to improve it. Thank you!
- Arrive ATH, stay at airport, travel the following day to Skopelos for 4 nights
- Return to Central Athens, stay 4 nights for sightseeing
- Drive to Peloponnese Peninsula and use Navplio as a base to explore the area for 5 nights
- Return to ATH and fly to Santorini for 3 nights
- Ferry to Milos for 1 night stay, then board sailboat for 7-night cruise around less-traveled Cyclades Islands
- Cruise ends in Paros, take ferry to Naxos for 3 nights
- Fly from Naxos to Rhodes (unfortunately connecting flight through ATH), stay in Rhodes/Dodecanese for 9 nights. We have friends on Rhodes so will spend part of the time with them and part on islands - any suggestions?
- Fly from Rhodes to ATH for 1-night stay before departure