We're upgrading the Forums!
Forums » Iceland » Iceland in March itinerary renting car - NEED HELP
Hi, I am visiting Iceland with my boyfriend in March for 4 nights. Below is the itinerary I have planned. We are renting a car and I know that the weather may be difficult. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have only booked places to stay for the first two nights. Thank YOU!
DAY 1: Rekjavik
- Arrive at 4:35am in Rekyjavik
- Book flybus ticket to hotel? 40 min to airport
- Glo in Reykjavik
- Hallgrimskirja church (360 degree view of city)
- Sleep in Reykjavik
DAY 2 (Friday, 3/3): Golden Circle
- Wake up in Reykjavik
- Pick up rental car
- Drive ring road towards Vik
- Head south towards Ring Road – stop at Seljlandsfoss (btwn. Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss) (1 hr 32 min)
- Skogafoss – second waterfall (26 min)
- ADD Gullfoss (waterfall) – snow mobiling on a glacier?
- Black sand beach (30 min)
- Secret lagoon? Kerid Crater?
- Vik (28 min) – eat at Halldorskaffi
- Sleep in Vik
DAY 3 (Saturday, 3/4)
- Maelifell Volcano (1 hr 46 min) – too far?
- Spend the night in Kirkjubæjarklaustur (1 hr 26 min) (closest)/Skaftafell area (53 min) or Jokulsarlon (43 min)/Hofn (1 hr) (farthest)?
- Asbyrgi (Jokulsargliufur Naitional Park)
- Glacier Lagoon in Southeastern Iceland/tour the Ice Caves of the glacier near the lagoon - Crystal Ice Cave Tour through Glacier Guides (1 hr 30 min from Kirkjubaejarklaustur/ 3 hr from Maelifell and 2 hr 19 min from Vik)
- Spend the night where?
DAY 4 (Sunday, 3/5)
- Wake up
- Drive to:
1) Strokkur Geysir near golden circle? (9 min)
- Spend the night in Arborg?
DAY 5 (Monday, 3/6): Blue Lagoon
- Drive ring road back to blue lagoon
- Blue Lagoon (1 hr 10 min)
You have taken a very good decision and I appreciate your plan. Iceland is one of the best countries in the world. In my traveling time, I contacted with Discover Iceland to arrange multiple day trips for us from Reykjavik and one 2 day Super Jeep tour to the South Coast. That was really amazing.