Thank you for subscribing!
Got it! Thank you!

We're upgrading the Forums!

You can now add or change a profile photo. Simply click on your username above and upload an image. User blogs will be added back very soon.

advertisement

Forums » Oregon » 5 Night Visit to Portland in August 2014?

twint31

5 Night Visit to Portland in August 2014?

by twint31 »

My husband and I are planning a trip to Portland in mid-August.  We are trying to decide where to stay that will allow us to visit sights of interest more easily and is nice.  We are thinking of the Hotel Monaco or Hotel Modera.  Any thoughts on that?  We also want to visit wine country there but don't know whether to make it a day/night trip or just a day trip and come back to our hotel in Portland, which will make a difference in our hotel reservation.  If wine country is a place to stay over night, any suggestions on where?  Which sights of interest in Portland are a "must"? I am an above knee amputee but get around well with my prosthesis.    Long distance walking (hiking) is hard on me.   Thanks for any help out there.

on my way

RE: 5 Night Visit to Portland in August 2014?

by on my way »

I've stayed at the Monaco and it's quite nice. I'm sorry, I can't comment on the ohter, but the rooms are lovely at the Monica, there's a wine reception every evening and the staff is terrific. I highly recommend visiting wine country (get a tour that takes you to the sake factory, too--one of the only ones in the US and really fascinating to see after all of the wintery tours). It's an easy day trip from Portland. You don't need to stay overnight. I also loved visiting Mount Ranier National Park, but that involves a lot of walking. Other highlights of Portland: great restaurants, some nice art museums, funky coffee shops, great shhopping.

Have a wonderful visit.

advertisement