With our trip a few days away, below is a detailed summary of our 5 day itinerary. Need help on last minute inputs for Best Landscape routes, Best Waterfalls for Photography, including Night Photography to capture the Lakes, Milky Way, Sunrise/Sunsets etc
· Sunrise - Hurricane Ridge
· Midday – Which of these or others are an absolute must: Marymere Falls, Madison Falls, Crescent Lake, Sol Duc Falls, Ho Rain Forest etc….Take evening Ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville, then Chuckanut Scenic Drive
· Sunset – Where can I get a nice Sunset location? Any of these - Deception Pass SP, Woodstock Farm, Chuckanut etc ? Or should we do Sunset at Picture Lake and/or Artist Point on Hwy 542 ? Is Nooksack Falls good?
· Night Photography – Picture Lake
· Sunrise – Picture Lake or is there any other nice location in that region ?
· Midday – North Cascades NP, read that route between Diablo and Mazama is now open, Diablo, Ross Lake…then come down to Big Four Ice Caves via route 530, thenn Wallace Falls SP. Any other must see places on Hwy 2 ? Planning to take Rt 97, then 970 after Hwy 2
· Sunset – Where can I get a nice Sunset location on Hwy 2 – preferably with a Lake in the background, we are open for any short hikes as well
· Night Photography – Any dark place near Cle Elum? Any of the lakes ?
· Sunrise – Any nice location near Cle Elum ?
· Midday – Snoqualmie Falls, then then head to Mt Rainier NP. Should I go via Rt 410 (White River Entrance) or Rt 706 (Nisqually)? I am assuming Rt 165 will be closed. Does this look okay - https://goo.gl/maps/4LXfwrJ8iuw
Will any of these falls be open to view: Wauhaukaupauken Falls, Spray, Narada ?
· Sunset – Reflection Lake or can I get a nice Sunset location on Hwy 12 en route to Palouse Waterfalls
· Night Photography – Palouse Waterfalls
· Sunrise – Any nice location near Colfax? Steptoe Butte or any other ?
· Midday – Steptoe Butte, Palouse Scenic Byway
· Sunset – Palouse Waterfalls or any other place en route to Stonhenege ? What is the most scenic route from Palouse to Stonehenge Memorial ?
· Night Photography – Stonehenge Memorial
· Sunrise – Any nice location near Biggs Junction ?
· Midday until 6 PM – Should we try to see Trout Lake (141) or Lost Lake (281) as a detour, before going to see the Columbia River Gorge waterfalls? Which falls are a must see ?