There are many things to see/ do in Cambodia which you should not miss
- Angkor complex (5*): there is enough said about this.
- War museum along Airport Road (4.5*) : 5$ entrance fee
- Angkor National Museum (4.5*): this is a world class museum, with ear phones, high quality videos presented in several languages (you can choose).
- Tonle Sap (4*): see a whole village floating on water. Church, temple, basket ball court, supermarket, school, shops, etc. Each on a floating platform.
- Silk farm (4*): this is 16 km out of town. See the whole production process from mulberry tree plantation, baby silk worms, fat silk worms feeding on mulberry leaves, spinning cocoons, boiling silk cocoons, extracting the silk threads, dying threads, hand weaving into lovely silk cloth, and an outlet selling silk products.
Or you could experience yourself by some other things like: Take a tuk tuk to downtown Siem Reap, shopping at Sieam Reap night market, even eat a sprider, visiting the Killing Field (Cheung Ek)/ Royal Palace/ Silver pagoda -Phnom Penh...
Food: very delicious. Does not have the fiery hotness like Thai. Less refined than Vietnamese food. But still very yummy. Curry is sweetish. Beef Stew (Khor Ko) is to die for. Prices are reasonable. US$3 - $4 per dish.