Quy Nhon – the “martial land” of Vietnam
Quy Nhon (Quy Nh?n) is a coastal city of Binh Dinh province (Central Vietnam). People here are very very kind-hearted and nice. Quy Nhon is famous for beautiful landscapes such as Genh Rang (G?nh Ráng), Bai Trung beach (Bãi Tr?ng) where Nam Phuong queen used to bath, Trung Luong beach, Han Mac Tu tomb – a famous poet living in the beginning of the 20th century, and many more other places.
Especially, Binh Dinh is also called Martial Land (??t Võ) because it is hometown of Quang Trung King, a great king in Vietnam’s history who defeated Thanh dynasty (Qing, a big dynasty of China) in their attack in the 17th century. So, don’t miss the chance to learn about our great king at Quang Trung museum. Following is some information and experiences about Quy Nhon – Binh Dinh tourism.
How to get to Quy Nhon
From Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city, you can get to Quy Nhon by bus or plane.
It is over 600km (400 miles) from Ho Chi Minh to Quy Nhom, which takes about than 14 hours, while a Hanoi-Quy Nhon ride (1100 km or 690 miles) takes about 20 hours . You can consider some of the nice bus firms as follow:
– Hoang Long bus. In Sai Gon: Eastern bus station (Mien Dong bus station), 292 Dinh Bo Linh – Binh Thanh – Ho Chi Minh City. Tel: +8482.2438.989. In Hanoi: 3 Nguyen Khoai – Hai Ba Trung – Ha Noi, tel: +8443.987.7225
– Phuong Trang at Eastern bus station, tel: +848.3830.9309
– Sinh tourist (Sinh cafe). In Sai Gon: 246 De Tham street – district 1 – Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +848.3838.9597. In Hanoi: 38 Ly Nam De – Hoan Kiem District – Hanoi. Tel: +849.8875.7689
You can fly from Hanoi or HCM city to Phu Cat airport, 30km (20 miles) away from Quy Nhon. Check out the websites of VietnamAirlines and VietjetAir for flight details and subscribe for promotion notifications.
Rent motorbike in Binh Dinh
You can ask your hotel for motorbike service, or contact Mien Trung tourist company: +8456.3946.888 or +8456.3946.666.
Or directly contact Mr. Trung: +8491.4737.888
When renting motorbike, you will have to deposit $25 and your passport.
Hotels and motels in Quy Nhon
Here are some good affordable hotels that my friends and I stayed during our visits:
1. Khang Khang hotel at 37 Ngo Gia Tu street, tel: +8456.3747727. Nice hotel, just 10 minute walk to Quy Nhon beach. Price from $9 – $13.
2. Phuong Dong hotel at 3/21 Ngo May street, tel: +8456.374.7767. Friendly hostess, family-run hotel. Rooms are slightly old but soft price, safe and cozy feel.
3. Hoang Son at 3 Ngo May street, close to Quy Nhon university, opposite to the beach and park. Near Tran Doc, Xuan Dieu, Ngo Van So, which are famous for cuisine with many restaurants for evening and night. Double room is $10, triple is $15, good room and comfortable.
4. Thang Loi hotel on Tran Phu street, prices from $8/day.
Up-scale hotels could be:
5. Hoang Anh Gia Lai 4-star hotel at 01 Han Mac Tu street – Quy Nhon, Tel: +8456.747.100, price from $80/day.
6. Hai Au 4-star hotel at 489 An Duong Vuong, tel: +8456.3846.377. Price from $40.
7. Hoang Yen 4-star at 5 An Duong Vuong, tel: +8456.3646.489
Specialties and restaurants in Quy Nhon
1. During your stay in Quy Nhon, you can’t help missing Bún ch? cá ( a fish noodle)– a famous specialty of this land. So best to check out Thu fried fish noodle on Nguyen Hue street for breakfast orNgoc Lien fried fish noodle or Phuong Teo in the evening, also on the same street.
2. Binh Dinh baked roll (nem n??ng Bình ??nh) at Nem Loi restaurant 113 – Tang Bat Ho street.
4. Seafood, you should take a look at Xuan Dieu street for fresh, tasty and cheap seafoods. I like Bay Sen restaurant. Besides, there’re many equally yummy cakes, fruits, noodles to try out.
5. Bánh Xèo Tôm Nh?y (nicely translated to dancing prawn pancake) is one of the dishes that make Binh Dinh’s name. A must-eat in Binh Dinh for just $1/each. So my idea will take you quite away from the town to a restaurant 25km (16 miles) from Quy Nhon. Every time back in town, I always come here for this little amazing treat at Tuy Phuoc up North a bit. They start opening from 6.30pm, so queue soon or you will have to wait over 1 hour for your turn.
Things to do in Quy Nhon – Binh Dinh
1. Beaches. You can opt for Quy Nhon beach (in the city), or get to Trung Luong beach, a very beautiful, clean, pristine, blue sea. And even more amazing, the seafood is so cheap and fresh.
Hình ?nh có liên quan
2. Quang Trung museum in Tay Son district, 50km (over 30 miles) from the city by taking the 19-highway. You can also watch martial arts dance for $15/ticket.
3. Quy Nhon double tower, 2 ancient towers of Cham ethnic group, is near Tran Hung Dao street, the gateway into the city.
4. Thap Thap Di Da (Th?p Tháp Di ?à), an ancient pagoda was built 300 years ago. The pagoda is located in Van Thuan, An Nhon district, near Phu Cat airport, 28km (19miles) from the city.
5. Son Long pagoda (or Hang pagoda) is an ancient pagoda that was built 300 years ago. The pagoda is located in Nhon Binh ward – Quy Nhon.
6. Ham Ho tourist resort is in Tay Son district, 20km (12 miles) from Quy Nhon. Ham Ho is located in the middle of Kut river, famous for its majestic and charming nature.
7. Eo Gio (wind strait) is 20km (12 miles) from Quy Nhon. This is the most beautiful and majestic landscapes in Binh Dinh province.
Vietnam Airlines, a world-class airline, owns the most modern and highest quality of Boeing and Airbus fleets. Being a member of the SkyTeam alliance, Vietnam Airlines honourably receives certificate from The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and is certificated as a 4-star airline. Providing 3 different classes, Vietnam Airtravel is ready to take passengers to 21 international and domestic destinations.