My first washington trip
I am planning a trip to Washington this summer (early August). I was hoping anyone who has been could answer a few questions I have:
1. I'm female and travling alone - any places to look out for (I backpacked Europe alone, so I'm pretty travel savvy, but just wanted to make sure I don't book a hotel somewhere I shouldn't!)
2. I want to stay downtown - not interested in commuting in every day. I'm open to hotel chains, boutique hotels, or even B&B's. I want something clean and secure and would rather not pay over $100. Are there any really good discount hotel sites anyone can suggest?
3. Which airport is the most convenient to fly into?
4. I'm aiming for a 6 day trip, but am flexible with timelines. Do I need more? Less? I enjoy getting up early and will be efficient in travling from site to site, so I figure I can get a lot done in a day.
5. Are there any guided tours that hit all the great hot spots that you would recommend?
That's it for now. Thanks for any and all answers.