About the Islands
By Holly Hughes, Sylvie Murphy, Alexis Lipsitz Flippin & Julie Duchaine
Our book 500 Extraordinary Islands takes readers on an irresistible tour of some of the most magnificent islands around the globe -- from tiny isles to island nations, and from the well-trod to the totally uninhabited.
- Great escapes: unspoiled beaches, tropical retreats, exotic hideaways
- Leisure and pleasure: sun worshiping, land and water sports, nightlife
- Nature and wildlife: lush landscapes, nature preserves, rare species
- Cities and countries: vibrant metropolises, independent nations, city enclaves
- History and mystery: ancient marvels, cultural treasures, spiritual centers