Reader Favorite Ireland
Last year's favorite Paris was beat out this year by the very tourist-friendly nation of Ireland. During the nominations process, supporters told us why they were putting the Emerald Isle on their wish lists for the following year:
- "The rugged beauty of the island and its historic past enchant me."
- "I have family there. But I also love being out in the country, rambling around, exploring megalithic sites, and having tea in small shops. Love it all."
- "Beer, castles, lush landscapes, and small enough to explore via bicycle or car."
- "Love the scenery, love the people. Had an excellent time when I was last there, but need more time."
- "A magical destination in nearly every way."
What moves you about Ireland? Visit our Ireland Forum and share with other other Frommers.com readers.