The Best Shopping in Washington, D.C.'s Georgetown and Dupont Circle
Not long ago, the location of this grouping of about 20 stores was all industrial space and abandoned lofts. Now, if you walk through a bricked archway off M Street and descend a flight of stairs into a hidden alcove, you’ll discover shops such as Contemporaria for Italian furniture, Bulthaup for ultraluxe culinary gadgets, Circa Lighting for European lighting, and Poggenpohl Studio for German kitchen fixtures.
- Where to find it: 3300 block of M St. NW
- More info: www.cadysalley.com
- Where to find it: 3300 M St. NW (at Wisconsin Ave.)
- More info: www.intermixonline.com
- Where to find it: Five locations in D.C., including 1601 Connecticut Ave. NW in Dupont Circle and 1304 Wisconsin Ave. NW in Georgetown
- More info: www.loulouboutiques.com
- Where to find it: 5015 Connecticut Ave. NW (at Fessenden St.)
- More info: www.politics-prose.com
- Where to find it: 306 7th St. SE (between North Carolina Ave. and C St. SE)
- More info: www.easternmarket-dc.org
For more on what to see and do in the nation's capital, pick up a copy of Frommer's Washington, D.C. day by day, our portable, authoritative, and up-to-date guide to the best that the city has to offer. Inside you'll find scores of full-color photos and useful maps, itineraries tailored to suit every type of traveler, and reliable recommendations for hotels, restaurants, attractions, and more—in short, everything you need to make the most of your time in Washington, D.C. is right here.