Frommer's Costa Rica
Buy the Paperback
This is Costa Rica advice the way a friend would give it to you: fiercely opinionated, funny, and brimming not only with advice about what to see and do, but also what’s not worth your time. Fully updated post-lockdown.
Whether you plan to hike through rainforests (and cloud forests), windsurf on Lake Arenal, bathe in geothermal pools or head to sun-soaked beaches where sea turtles nest, our expert has your back. A seasoned journalist, Nicholas Gill offers how to smartly explore this exhilarating country.
Frommer’s Costa Rica contains:
- Dozens of stunning, full-color photos throughout
- Helpful maps, including a fully-detachable fold-out map
- Strategic itineraries, including for families and short stays, so you can make the most of your time
- Authentic experiences to help you appreciate Costa Rican culture, food, nature sights and customs like a local
- Candid reviews of the best restaurants, attractions, tours, shops, and experiences—and advice on the ones not worth your time and money
- Accurate, up-to-date info on transportation, useful websites, costs, telephone numbers, and more
- Budget-planning help with the lowdown on prices and ways to save money, whether you’re traveling on a shoestring or in the lap of luxury
Other Complete Guides
Frommer's classic guidebooks help you experience the destination like the locals do. Exact prices, smart itineraries, hundreds of reviews, outspoken advice, and dozens of full-color photos and maps—including one you can pull out. View All