Frommer's EasyGuide to Washington, D.C.
Buy the Paperback
Washington, D.C. can be an overwhelming destination for visitors. With so many museums, so many historic sights, so many working government buildings to see?not to mention its scintillating foodie and nightlife scenes?just coming up with a plan can be stressful.
That’s where Frommer’s comes in. We’ve hired local journalists to supply the advice and details you need to create the right vacation for you. These include strategies for seeing the iconic sights without fighting the crowds; places that only locals know about; and smart itineraries so you can make the most of your time in the city. Most importantly, this book was completely overhauled after the pandemic lockdowns to better reflect the city of today.
Frommer’s EasyGuide to Washington, D.C. includes:
· Dozens of maps, including a handy fold-out map of the city and its underground train system to help you make the most efficient (and fun) use of your time in the Capitol
· Exact pricing and public transportation information for every listing in the book, so there’s never any guessing
· Opinionated reviews which tell you which attractions are worth your time, and which will only be of interest to some visitors
· Star ratings that take value into account, and will help you find the right hotels, restaurants, nightspots and shops for you, in all price ranges
· Fun-to-follow, self-guided walking tours of DC’s most intriguing neighborhoods
· 16-page photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book, plus black and white photos throughout
· Helpful planning advice for getting there, getting around, saving money, and getting the most from your trip