Frommer's EasyGuide to Washington, D.C. 2020
Buy the Paperback
Washington, D.C., can be an overwhelming destination for visitors. With so many museums, so many historic sights, so many working government buildings to see—not to mention its scintillating foodie and nightlife scenes—just coming up with a plan can be stressful.
That’s where Frommer’s comes in. We’ve hired local journalist Meredith Pratt to supply the advice and details you need to create the right vacation for you. These include strategies for seeing the iconic sights without fighting the crowds; places that only locals know about; and smart itineraries so you can make the most of your time in the city.
Frommer’s EasyGuide to Washington, D.C. 2020 includes:
- Dozens of maps, including a handy fold-out map of the city and its underground train system to help you make the most efficient (and fun) use of your time in the Capitol
- Exact pricing and public transportation information for every listing in the book, so there’s never any guessing
- Opinionated reviews which tell you which attractions are worth your time, and which will only be of interest to some visitors
- Star ratings that take value into account, and will help you find the right hotels, restaurants, nightspots and shops for you, in all price ranges
- Fun-to-follow, self-guided walking tours of D.C.’s most intriguing neighborhoods
- 16-page photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book, plus black and white photos throughout
About Frommer's: There’s a reason Frommer’s has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles, become a household name, and helped millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer’s.
Everything you need, nothing you don't. EasyGuides are rich in advice but concisely written. They are easy to carry, quick to use, and sold for less than other competing guidebooks. Included are useful in-chapter maps plus a fold-out map to take on the go. View All