Frommer’s books aren’t written by committee, by A.I., or by travel writers who simply pop in briefly to a destination and then consider the job done. We use seasoned, locally-based journalists like Jessica Wynne Lockhart. She has checked out all of New Zealand’s best hotels, attractions, shops, wineries, and restaurants in person, and offers authoritative, candid reviews that will help you find the venues that suit your tastes and budget, whether you’re a backpacker or on a romantic honeymoon. Most importantly, she is not shy about telling you what you should see…and what you can skip without regret.
This full-color book includes scores of photographs, a fold-out map, plus detailed maps throughout; and shows exact pricing, opening hours, addresses, and other important details that will make your trip smoother and less hectic. It features 6 smartly conceived itineraries, geared towards travelers who have different amounts of time in country, as well as specific interests. There is also fastidiously researched information on all of the outdoor adventures New Zealand offers. From bungee jumping to spectacular hiking, kayaking, zorbing, jetboating, and more, we cover it all, and give our take on the most responsible outfitters to use for these activities. Last but not least, the book includes fascinating information and insights on the history and unique culture of the land that’s known both as Aotearoa and New Zealand today.
Inside the guide:
- Full-color photos and helpful maps, including a detachable foldout map
- Detailed itineraries for planning your trip to suit your schedule and interests (and help you avoid lines and crowds)
- Candid reviews of the best restaurants, sights, activities, tours, shops, and experiences?and no-punches-pulled info on the ones not worth your time and money
- Accurate, up-to-date info on transportation, useful websites, telephone numbers, and more
- Compelling cultural information so that you’ll better understand the history, cuisine, and traditions of New Zealand
- Budget-planning help with the lowdown on prices and ways to save money, whether you’re traveling on a shoestring or in the lap of luxury
About Frommer's: There’s a reason Frommer’s has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 65 years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles, become a household name, and helped millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer’s.