Buy the Paperback
Buy the E-book
Most know Switzerland for its alpine scenery, its outdoor sports opportunities, its precision watches, and chocolates. But this is also a country with a rich history and many artifacts of that past on display—a 14th century cathedral here, a medieval town square there, castles, cogwheel railroads, museums rich with Old Masters paintings, and more. To discover the wonders of Switzerland, both classic and new, takes a bit of planning—and that’s where this book will help. It’s written by experts who are all based in or near Switzerland, who have spent months roaming the country to find the Switzerland very few outsiders get to see.
This book contains:
- Full color photos throughout and color maps, including a handy pull out map
- Detailed itineraries geared towards long and short stays and different types of travelers
- Opinionated, no-punches-pulled reviews so you can decide what’s worth your time and what isn’t (and thanks to the Frommer’s star rating system, you can easily scan the book)
- Exact pricing so there’s never any guessing
- Smart tips on saving money, applicable whether you’re a backpacker, or traveling in the lap of luxury
- Compelling text on culture, history and art so that you’ll understand the context of what you’re seeing and experiencing
About Frommer's: There’s a reason Frommer’s has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles, become a household name, and helped millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer’s.