Pack Your Bags . . . NOW!
If you've got nothing to do next week or the week after, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises (tel. 800/327- 2601; www.windjammer.com) is offering 5-night cruises through the Grenadines for as low as $450 per person on its round-trip excursions departing Monday May 16 and May 23. Enjoy the rustic, 64-passenger tall ship, the Yankee Clipper, on route to off-the-beaten-track Caribbean gems like Bequia, Carriacou, Tobago Cays and Union Island. Grenada is your point of departure.
Hop the Pond and Cruise the Continent for Cheap
Holland America (tel. 877/724-5425; www.hollandamerica.com) is offering up 10- to 14-night European cruises for as low as $999 per person. More than a dozen different itineraries are on sale between May and late August, including trips on the line's newest ship, the 1,848-passenger Westerdam. Sail to Europe's most prized places, with departures from Copenhagen, Rome/Civitavecchia, Venice and London/Southampton. When booking, ask for Promo #5.
Sales are Unfurling for a Song
For as low as $1,495 per person, Windstar Cruises (tel. 800/258-7245; www.windstarcruises.com) is offering 7-night cruises in Europe and the Caribbean this summer and fall. These yachty ships have high-tech controls that can unfurl the sails in seconds, with or without the engines engaged. Cushy in a relaxed way, these small ships carry between 148 to 308 passengers and offer a wonderfully intimate way to travel. Discounted itineraries include a Nice to Rome/Civitavechhia cruise Aug 21 starting at $1,895 per person; Rome/Civitavechhia to Marseille Oct 23 starting at $1,795 per person; Marseille to Malaga Oct 30 starting at $1,695 per person; and Malaga to Lisbon on Nov 6 starting at $1,495 per person -- all on the Wind Surf, the line's largest ship and the one with an impressive spa and gym. Other European itineraries on the Wind Star and Wind Spirit depart from Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Athens/Piraeus. In the Caribbean, cruise round-trip out of Barbados Dec 4 or 11 starting at $1,695 per person on the Surf, or St. Thomas to Barbados on Nov 27.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are the best deals that a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-luxe lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
CruisesOnly (tel. 800/278-4737; www.cruisesonly.com)
- Holland America Oosterdam: 4-night Pacific Coastal, Vancouver to San Diego. From $297, Sept 27 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas: 5-night New England & Canada, round-trip from Boston. From $649, Aug 30 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Boston. From $699, June 12 & 19 sailings.
- Carnival Spirit: 7-night Alaska, Vancouver to Whittier. From $799, June 15 sailing.
- Celebrity Constellation: 12-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Bayonne. From $1,400, Oct 17 & 29 sailings.
Just Cruisin' Plus (tel. 800/888-0922; www.justcruisinplus.com)
- Viking River Viking Burgundy: 7-night Burgundy & Provence, Avignon to Chalon-sur-Saone. From $1,499, Oct 2 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Pride: 7-night Germany, round-trip from Frankfurt. From $1,499, Nov. 6 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Seine: 7-night Paris & Normandy, Harfleur/LeHavre to Paris. From $1599, May 15 and Oct. 9 sailings.
- Viking River Viking Pride: 7-night Danube, Nuremberg to Budapest. From $1,599, May 22 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Schumann: 10-night Europe, Berlin to Prague. From $1,908, Oct. 6 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Lavrinenkov: 14-night Footsteps of the Cossacks, round-trip from Kiev. From $1,999, Oct. 2 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Sky: 12-night Europe, Amsterdam to Vienna. From $2,299, Nov. 6 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Sun: 12-night Rhine River, Basel to Antwerp. From $2,299, Nov. 17 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Spirit: 14-night Europe, Budapest to Amsterdam. From $2,699, Nov. 14 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Europe: 14-night eastern Europe, Budapest to Vienna. From $3,099, Oct. 2 sailing.
Mann Travel & Cruises/123Travel (tel. 800/835-9828; www.123travel.com)
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $1,119, Jul 31 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 10-night Christmas Caribbean, round-trip from Charleston. From $899, Dec 17 sailing.
- Celebrity Century: 10-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Barcelona. From $1,380, Sept 23 sailing.
- Carnival Triumph: 5-night Bahamas, round-trip from Charleston. From $549, Oct 18 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $639, Oct 9 sailing.
- Holland America Veendam: 7-night Alaska, Vancouver to Seward. From $699, Jun 12 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean/Belize, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $499, Dec 3 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $599, Nov 26 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Dream: 18-night Panama Canal, Los Angeles to Houston. From $1,479, Sep 27 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 10-night Baltic, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $1,399, Jun 20 sailing.
Vacation Outlet (tel. 800/690-2210; www.vacationoutlet.com)
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $659, Sept 18 sailing.
- Carnival Legend: 8-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $749, Sept 18 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 13-night Caribbean, Boston to Charleston. From $799, Oct 30 sailing.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $999, Aug 27 sailing.
- Celebrity Century: 7-night Norwegian Fjords, round-trip from Amsterdam. From 1,250, Augt 13 sailing.
Do you have a question or comment on this column? Head to our Cruise Message Boards to join in the discussions with fellow Frommer's travelers.