The clock is ticking. Through this Friday Jan 23, Carnival (tel. 888/CARNIVAL; www.carnival.com) is offering past guests (anyone who has sailed with them at least once before) savings on select spring Bahamas, Baja California, and Caribbean cruises that are booked by Jan 23, 2009. Three-night Bahamas cruises start as low as $229 per person and 7 nighters from $429 per person. When booking, mention fare code DP3 (and your past guest number) to reap the past guest discount and a free upgrade. Certain restrictions apply.
Windstar Gives Love
Windstar (tel. 800/258-7245/strong>; www.windstarcruises.com) is making a cruise aboard one of its three sleek sailing vessels sweeter than ever. Book any cruise, and make a deposit, before Feb 14, 2009, to cash in on Windstar's Romance Package, which includes chocolate-dipped strawberries and a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label brought to the cabin, as well as his and her 50-minute massages in spa. The package is worth $250. It's not combinable with other shipboard credits or package offers. Refer to the Windstar Romance Package when booking your cruise.
Crystal (tel. 888/269-9413; www.crystalcruises.com) is offering up to $1,500 per person off of 15 Europe cruises in 2009; if you book by March 31, you'll also get 20% off select 2010 cruises with the line's "Save Now, Save Later" offer. Also, enjoy a reduced deposit of 5% and the option of a full refund as late as 45 days prior to the cruise starts if you need to cancel. Including the discounts, fares start at:
- June 30, 11 nights, Stockholm to Copenhagen. Starting at $4,245 per person.
- July 25, 11 nights, Stockholm to Copenhagen. Starting at $4,590 per person.
- Aug. 5, 7 nights, Copenhagen to Stockholm. Starting at $3,240 per person.
- Aug. 12, 11 nights, Stockholm to London. Starting at $4,590 per person.
- Sept. 3, 14 nights, London to Boston. Starting at $4,745 per person.
- May 23, 10 nights, Miami to Lisbon. Starting at $3,165 per person.
- June 14, 14 nights, Venice to Barcelona. Starting at $5,965 per person.
- Aug. 9, 12 nights, Athens to Barcelona. Starting at $5,305 per person.
- Aug. 21, 12 nights, Barcelona to Venice. Starting at $5,305 per person.
- Sept. 14, 12 nights, Istanbul to Venice. Starting at $5,075 per person.
- Sept. 26, 12 nights, Venice to Athens. Starting at $4,700 per person.
- Oct. 8, 12 nights, Athens to Venice. Starting at $4,940 per person.
- Oct. 20, 12 nights, Venice to Barcelona. Starting at $4,515 per person.
- Nov. 1, 11 nights, Barcelona to Lisbon. Starting at $4,080 per person.
- Nov. 12, 10 nights, Lisbon to Miami. Starting at $3,165 per person.
Fancy Antarctica Adventure Goes on Sale
Abercrombie and Kent (tel. 800/554-7094; www.abercrombiekent.com) is slashing prices on Antarctica cruises and all the dramatic icebergs, calving glaciers and photogenic wildlife that goes with it. Book your voyage by March 31, 2009 and save 25% per person on select cabin categories aboard the Minerva. This deal can be combined with a $1,000 Early Booking Discount and the savings can add up to $3,549 per person. The promotion applies to these two departures:
"Philanthropic Journey: Classic Antarctica:" Expedition leader Dr. James McClintock, who has been conducting research in polar waters for more than 20 years, leads the way. Highlights include taking passengers to the Palmer Station to deliver equipment needed to measure the impact of global warming on the Antarctic Peninsula. December 7-20, 2009. Starting now from $4,946 per person, double occupancy.
"Antarctica, South Georgia, Falklands Islands & the South Atlantic:" Enjoy the sights and sounds of the first sailing of the season, and explore South Georgia Island, where Shackleton is buried. November 20-December 10, 2009, now from $6,971 per person, double occupancy.
Spend Spend Spend
Silversea Cruises (tel. 877/215-9986; www.silversea.com) is doing its part to jump-start the flagging economy with $1,000 per suite (or $500 per person if cruising solo) on-board spending credits for Alaska, Northern Europe, and Mediterranean cruises this summer. The credit can be used for spa treatments, shore excursions and other purchases and is offered for new bookings made on or before March 31, 2009, if you mention promotional code WWSBC500 at the time of booking. The offer can be combined with other available discount promotions, including early booking incentive, advance payment bonus, silver sailing, and free air programs. For example, the Onboard Spending Credit is available on Silver Wind's May 14, 7-day Mediterranean cruise (#2915) sailing from Barcelona to Nice with calls in Valencia, Corsica, Livorno, and Antibes. Promotional cruise fares start at $3,196 per person, plus free roundtrip economy air transportation is also available from select U.S. and Canadian gateway cities. The special promotion is available on the following:
- Alaska: Silver Shadow cruises departing May 28 through September 12 (Voyages 3912-3923).
- Northern Europe: Silver Cloud cruises departing May 30 through September 19 (Voyages 1911-1923).
- Mediterranean: Silver Wind cruises departing April 15 through June 26 (Voyages 2911-2920) and Silver Whisper cruises departing May 19 through June 20 (Voyages 4912-4916).
It Pays to Wait
Cruise West (tel. 800/296-8307; www.cruisewest.com) is offering 25% discounts to travelers with the flexibility to travel at the spur of the moment. Here's how the Stowaway Program works:
- Request a specific itinerary and cabin category within a 30-day window.
- At the time of the request a $700 per person deposit is required.
- Cruise West will offer to confirm the guest(s) on a specific departure within that requested 30-day travel window.
- If the guest cannot be accommodated, the full deposit will be refunded.
- If the guest declines the offered departure date, the deposit amount may be applied to a future cruise or cruise-tour within 24 months. The deposit is also transferable, but is non-refundable.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person for an inside cabin unless otherwise stated, and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-lux lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
All-Travel(tel. 866/565-3214; www.all-travel.com/cruises)
- Crystal Symphony: 18-night Trans-Pacific Cruise, Los Angeles to Hong Kong. From $3,690, Mar. 9 sailing. 'Film and Theater at Sea' themed cruise with guests Patricia Neal, Frau Blucher, Cloris Leachman, Foster Hirsch, George Englund, and Herb Keyser.
- Crystal Serenity: 16-night Far East, Singapore to Hong Kong. From $9,495, Mar. 19 sailing. Deal includes one car & driver shore excursions or a $500 (per couple) shipboard credit.
- Crystal Serenity: 7-night Mediterranean, Venice to Civitavecchia/Rome. From $3,535, June 14 sailing. Deal includes experienced host, prepaid gratuities, shipboard credits and a welcome reception.
- Holland America Zuiderdam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Vancouver. From $749, May 30 sailing. Deal includes a complimentary shore excursion in Skagway.
- Holland America Volendam: 14-night Southeast Asia, Singapore to Hong Kong. From $1899, Apr. 4 sailing. Deal includes complimentary shore excursion in Bangkok.
- Regent Seven Seas Mariner: 53-night ultra-lux World Cruise segment, Valparaiso to Hong Kong. From $26,695, Feb. 28 sailing. Deal includes three shore excursions by private car and a complimentary night pre- or post-cruise hotel stay in Valparaiso or Hong Kong.
- Regent Seven Seas Voyager: 26-night ultra-lux World Cruise segment, Shanghai to Dubai. From $17,595, Mar. 6 sailing. Deal includes two shore excursions by private car.
- Regent Seven Seas Paul Gauguin: 14-night ultra-lux Tahiti, round-trip from Papeete. From $6,650, Apr. 4 sailing. Deal includes a $400 (per couple) shipboard credit.
- Silversea Silver Shadow: 16-night ultra-lux Hawaii & South Pacific Cruise, Los Angeles to Papeete. From $9,096, Mar. 7 sailing. Deal includes one shore excursions by private car in Moorea or a $500 (per couple) shipboard credit.
Cruise Brothers(tel. 800/827-7779; www.cruisebrothers.com)
- Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas: 10-night Panama Canal, round-trip from Miami. From $849, Apr. 24 sailing.
- Disney Wonder: 4-night Bahamas, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $486, May 10 sailing.
- Carnival Pride: 7-night Caribbean, round-trip from Baltimore. From $599, May 30 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Spirit: 7-night Caribbean, round-trip from New Orleans. From $579, Apr. 5 sailing.
- Viking River Viking Europe: 7-night Danube River, Budapest to Nuremberg. From $1,748, Apr. 12 sailing.
- Princess Sapphire Princess: 7-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip from Los Angeles. From $499, Mar. 14 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 9-night Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $999, July 8 sailing.
- Princess Diamond Princess: 7-night Alaska, Whittier to Vancouver. From $499, May 16 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas: 14-night Transatlantic, Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. From $679, Apr. 15 sailing.
- Princess Emerald Princess: 10-night Europe, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $1,329, Sept. 3 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas: 3-night Bahamas, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $279, May 1 sailing.
Cruise One, Satellite Beach(tel. 888/368-0655; www.skennedy.cruiseone.com)
- Holland America Noordam: 10-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Rome. From $999, Apr. 29, May 9 and Aug. 27 sailings.
- Holland America Prinsendam: 20-night Transatlantic, Fort Lauderdale to Rome. From $1,299, Apr. 30 sailing.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 12-night western Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona. From $1,199, May 19 sailing.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 12-night western Mediterranean, Barcelona to Venice. From $1,199, May 31 sailing.
- Holland America Eurodam: 10-night Baltic, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $1,249, June 2 sailing.
- Holland America Eurodam: 16-night Transatlantic, Copenhagen to New York. From $1,999, Aug. 11 sailing.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 12-night western Mediterranean, Barcelona to Venice. From $1,499, Sept. 23 sailing.
- Holland America Noordam: 10-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Rome. From $1,399, Oct. 6 sailing.
- Holland America Rotterdam: 14-night western Mediterranean, Athens to Rome. From $2,399, Oct. 17 sailing.
- Holland America Volendam: 14-night Asia/Orient, round-trip from Hong Kong. From $1,599, Oct. 26 sailing.
Cruise Members Only(tel. 800/999-3543; www.cruisemembersonly.com)
Free $500 per person gift certificate on select cruise booked by Feb 1, 2009. The annual $50 membership fee is being waived for Frommers.com subscribers who mention Frommers.com when booking.
- Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $499, Nov. 1 sailing.
- Azamara Journey: 12- night Scandinavia & Russia, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $3,749, June 30 sailing. Deal includes airfare.
- Celebrity Equinox: 14-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $2,349, Sept. 26 sailing.
- Celebrity Constellation: 14-night Canada New England, round-trip from Cape Liberty/Bayonne. From $1,299, Oct. 16 sailing.
- Celebrity Century: 12-night Scandinavia & Russia, round-trip from Amsterdam. From $1,319, June 14 sailing.
- Azamara Quest: 10-night Greek Isles & Turkey, Civitavecchia/Rome to Piraeus/Athens. From $2,919, June 4 sailing. Deal includes airfare.
- Azamara Journey: 12- night Iceland & Fjords, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $3,699, June 6 sailing. Deal includes airfare.
- Azamara Journey: 14-night Mediterranean, Barcelona to Piraeus/Athens. From $3,269, Sept. 27 sailing. Deal includes airfare.
- Holland America Prinsendam: 14-night Mediterranean, Civitavecchia/Rome to Amsterdam. From $1,839, June 5 sailing.
- Holland America Eurodam: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $689, Oct. 24 sailing.
- Princess Crown Princess: 12-night British Isles, round-trip from Southampton/London. From $1,369, June 25 sailing.
- Princess Crown Princess: 12-night North Cape & Norwegian Fjords, round-trip from Southampton/London. From $1,919, July 7 sailing.