Alaska for Less
This summer, fares start at $3,697 per person for 7-night Alaska cruises between Seward and Vancouver aboard the Regent Seven Seas Mariner (tel. 866/805-0737; www.rssc.com). On select sailings, kids go free and free economy airfare is included. On all cruises, rates include open bar.
Hot Norwegian Deals
Book a Norwegian Cruise Line (tel. 866/234-0292; www.ncl.com) cruise by Friday, March 9, 2007, and cash in on some low rates. You must mention the promo codes below when booking. What are you waiting for?
- March 17, 2007, Norwegian Dream: 7-day western Caribbean, roundtrip from Houston, calling in Progreso and Belize City; $549 per person for best available inside. Promo Type PGSD1
- April 15, 2007, Norwegian Jewel: 7-day eastern Caribbean, roundtrip from Miami, calling in Juan, Antigua, St. Thomas and Great Stirrup Cay; $549 per person for best available inside. Promo Type PGSD1
- May 4, 2007, Norwegian Star: 1-night dinner & cruise, Vancouver to Seattle; $69 per person for best available outside cabin. Promo Type PGSD1
- May 6, 2007, Norwegian Pearl: 5-day Pacific Coastal, Los Angeles to Vancouver, calling in San Francisco and Victoria; $329 per person for best available inside cabin. Promo Type PGSD1
- October 31, 2007, Norwegian Star: 8-day Mexican Riviera, roundtrip from Los Angeles, calling in Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas; $579 per person for best available inside cabin. Promo Type PGSD1
Early Booking Bonus
Norwegian Coastal Voyage Escorted Vacations (tel. 800/323-7436; www.norwegiancoastalvoyage.us) has introduced the 16-day "Scandinavian Smorgasbord," a new air-inclusive, escorted cruise tour combo that explores the capital cities of Scandinavia; the stunning fjords, mountains and waterfalls in coastal Norway; and the indigenous Sami culture and vast wilderness of Lapland. Book early and save $275 per passenger on most departures booked by March 31. Six departures, priced from $5,369 to $6,709 per person, double, are scheduled from New York, May 24 to September 14.
The land segment features Stockholm; the mining town of Gallivare, Sami handcrafts and a traditional dinner in a turf hut in Karasjok village, reindeer herds and stark landscapes in Lapland; the Hanseatic port of Bergen, a ferry cruise on two narrow branches of the Sognefjord, the thrilling 2,600' ascent on the Flam Railway and roads with hairpin turns in the mountains of the fjord region; monumental Vigeland Sculpture Park and Holmenkollen Ski Jump in Oslo, capital of Norway; and as the finale a city tour and farewell dinner in Copenhagen, the fun-loving Danish capital. Fares include round-trip flights from New York; a six-day sailing from Kirkenes to Bergen on a 643- to 674-passenger Millennium ship (complete with lounges, restaurant, cafés, bars, Internet café, shop, Jacuzzis, pool and saunas); all meals while cruising; overnight express train from Stockholm to Swedish Lapland and overnight cruise from Oslo to Copenhagen; first-class hotels, breakfast daily and most dinners on land; extensive sightseeing, tour director and local guides; travel by train, ship, ferry and motorcoach in Scandinavia; port charges and airport transfers. Promotional offers, which can be combined, include a senior savings of $75 per person for passengers 67 and older and an AARP member discount of $100 per cabin, except during June and July.
If you book by 5pm EST on Thursday March 8, Costa Cruises (tel. 800/462-6782; www.costacruises.com) is offering inside cabins for as low as $349 for a 7-night western Caribbean sailing aboard the Costa Magica departing April 8 (slightly higher fares for the March 25 cruise). Round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale, the ports are Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Grand Turk. Certain restrictions apply. Offer valid for residents in the U.S. and Canada only, and only for new bookings. Full payment due at time of booking and deal expires at 5pm on Thursday March 8, 2007. Ask for discount code OD.
Cruises Fore Sail
Six cruises aboard Peter Deilmann Cruises' (tel. 800/348-8287; www.deilmann-cruises.com) 513-passenger Deutschland feature golf themes with free airfare and free transfers. Golf courses played on these itineraries are in Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, Canadian islands, Dubai, India, Thailand, Singapore, Bali and Hong Kong. At the same time, seven Deilmann river cruises on the inland waterways of the Rhine, RhÃ´ne, Seine, Danube and Elbe rivers offer golfers the opportunity to visit historic European cities and towns and golf on renowned European courses. River golf theme cruises depart between May 19 and Oct. 1, 2007. Depending on the itinerary, non-golfers can deduct anywhere from about $700 to $1,300 per person from the cruise fare.
A sample itinerary includes the 14-night Great Britain Golf theme cruise departing September 3 from Hamburg, which includes play at three courses in Scotland -- Gleneagles in Leith, the 27-hole Greenock course and the parkland course at Mount Murray on the Isle of Man -- and the Royal Liverpool Golf Club surrounded by dunes and the ocean, Tenby in Milford Haven, Wales, and the Wentworth Golf Club, site of the British Open, in Surrey near London.
A Sure Thing
SureCruise.com (tel. 877/346-3433; www.surecruise.com) is including airfare, or up to $1,000 credit, as well as several other extras on select 7-night sailings with Regent Seven Seas Cruises in Alaska and the Mediterranean. Free perks include a special shore excursion, cocktail reception, and the services of a concierge host who will be available throughout the entire trip to assist vacationers.
- 7-Night Alaska, May 23. Kids sail free on this sailing aboard the Seven Seas Mariner, from Vancouver to Seward. An exclusive shore event visits the Historic Russian America & Raptor Center, home to the Tlingit Indians. At the Center, view bald eagles and other birds that were rescued for rehabilitation with the hope that one day they will be released back into the wild. Fares include free airfare or a $500 credit. Rates start at $3,697 per person.
- 7-Night Alaska, September 5. Sailing from Vancouver to Seward aboard the Seven Seas Mariner, rates include airfare, or a $500 credit, plus travelers visit the Historic Russian America & Raptor Center. Rates start at $3,697 per person.
- 7-Night Mediterranean, October 20. Sailing from Venice to Civitavecchia/Rome aboard Seven Seas Voyager includes a complimentary visit to the Biscari Palace & Princess Borghese's Garden, the oldest palace and secular building in Cantania. Included air or $1,000 credit is part of the fare, which start at $5,176.
Promotions are only available for new bookings, are not valid with any other promotion, and certain restrictions may apply. To book, go to www.surecruise.com and enter the SureDeal ID: REGENT.
Intrav (tel. 800/456-8100; www.intrav.com) is offering $500 off airfare for four summer sailings aboard the 122-passenger Clipper Adventurer. All rates include tips, shore excursions and explorations via zodiac boats, and at least one onboard expert lecturer; in some cases hotel stays and local flights are also part of the package.
- The 11-day "Legends and Lore of the Ancient Greek World" journey on June 10 includes visits to Ephesus, Turkey; Mykonos and Athens, Greece; Sicily and Malta. The onboard expert is Steven Sidebotham, Ph.D., an archeologist and historian who has participated in and directed more than 45 archaeological projects throughout the Mediterranean. Fares start at $4,335 per person.
- The 10-day "Mediterranean Memories" voyage departing June 19 focuses on significant UNESCO World and Cultural Heritage Sites, including Siracusa in Sicily, which has ancient ruins including the freshwater Arethusa Fountain, Temple of Apollo and ancient Greek and Roman theaters. Other highlights include exploring Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, also a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site, as well as sites in Rome. Sidebotham will be a lecturer on this cruise as well. Per person fares start at $4,230.
- The 17-day "Expedition Beyond the Arctic Circle" journey on July 22 focuses on the ancient seascapes of Scotland and fjords of coastal Norway. Onboard guest lecturer Colleen Batey will shed light on the natural wonders, with expertise based on her background in Scandinavian settlers of the North Atlantic and her experience in Viking history through extensive excavations. Fares start at $8,015 per person.
- The 15-day "In the Wake of the Vikings" voyage on August 24 takes guests to the Norwegian fjords and Scottish Isles as well. The first port of call is North Cape, Europe's northernmost outpost above the Arctic Circle, and also included are visits to the Lofoten Islands, and Geirangerfjord and Sognefjiord in Bergen. Fares start at $6,825 per person.
MSC Cruises (tel. 800/666-9333; www.msccruises.com) is offering a 10-night Panama Canal cruise on January 19, 2008, for as low as $949 per person; other departures between January and March are priced slightly higher. Ports include Cozumel, Puerto Limon (Costa Rica), Cristobal (Panama), Cartagena (Columbia) and Cayo Levantado (Dominican Republic). Deal valid for new bookings only and some restrictions may apply.
MSC Cruises has also announced kids sail free on a pair of 7-night Christmas and New Year's sailings aboard the MSC Lirica, departing December 21 and December 28, both roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. Chidlren ages 17 and under sharing a cabin with two full-fare-paying adults sail free (government fees and taxes of $51.15 to $54.84 per person are additional). Rates start at $799 per person for the December 21 sailing and $999 per person for the December 28 cruise.
The December 21 itinerary includes two days at sea and calls at San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau and Cayo Levantado (Dominican Republic). The December 28 cruise visits Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Nassau. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Certain restrictions apply, this offer cannot be combined with any other offer, and bookings must be made by April 30.
Seabourn Cruise Line (tel. 800/929-9391; www.seabourn.com) is offering a complimentary two-night pre-cruise stay at London's ultra lux five-star Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park hotel, plus 50% savings on Seabourn Pride's 11-day transatlantic voyage departing on September 18. Sailing from Dover's white cliffs, guests will visit St. John's, Newfoundland; Halifax, Nova Scotia and Bar Harbor, Maine. The voyage ends in Gloucester, Massachussetts, just a short coastal drive from Boston. Discounted fares start at $3,898 per person.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person for an inside cabin unless otherwise stated, and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-lux lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
Cruise Brothers (tel. 800/827-7779; www.cruisebrothers.com)
- Celebrity Summit: 7-night Alaska, Seward to Vancouver. From $749, August 24 sailing.
- Celebrity Summit: 7-night Alaska, Vancouver to Seward. From $599, May 25 sailing.
- Norwegian Pride of Aloha:7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $599, May 20 sailing.
- Norwegian Pride of Hawaii:7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $899, September 3 sailing.
- Holland America Ryndam: 4-night Pacific Northwest, San Diego to Vancouver. From $249, May 2 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 10-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $1,399, June 9 sailing.
- Princess Crown Princess:9-night Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $999, June 17 sailing.
- Princess Sea Princess:14-night Europe, round-trip from Southampton UK. From $1,630, May 12 sailing.
- Carnival Legend: 7-night Mexico, round-trip from Long Beach CA. From $609, May 13 sailing.
CruisesOnly (tel. 800/278-4737; www.cruisesonly.com), offer code HCJ9-DTQ
- Carnival Liberty: 6-night western Caribbean, roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $429, April 22 sailing. Deal includes 15% discount on all shore excursions.
- Carnival Victory: 7-night eastern Caribbean, roundtrip from Miami. From $479, April 22 & May 6 sailings.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 7-night Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle. From $599, May 12 sailing. Deal includes 15% discount on all shore excursions.
- NCL Pride of Hawaii: 7-night Hawaii, roundtrip from Honolulu. From $699, April 16 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, roundtrip from Miami. From $699, April 7 sailing. Deal includes 15% discount on all shore excursions.
Cruise Value Center (tel. 800/231-7447; www.cruisevalue.com)
- Carnival Valor: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $649, July 29 sailing.
- Carnival Liberty: 12-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $1,449, August 29 sailing.
- Celebrity Mercury: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Vancouver. From $799, July 13, 20 sailings.
- Celebrity Century: 8-night Europe, round-trip from Amsterdam. From $1,329, August 26 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 10-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $1,362, July 30 sailing.
- Norwegian Dawn: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from New York. From $799, August 11 sailing.
- Norwegian Pride of Aloha: 7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $1,049, July 1 sailing.
- Norwegian Sun: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Vancouver. From $799 July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19 sailings.
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $999 July 8, 22, August 5 sailings.
- Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $929 July 27 sailing.
Vacation Outlet (tel. 800/825-3633; www.vacationoutlet.com)
- Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas: 4-night Bahamas, roundtrip from Miami. From $249, May 7 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas: 7-night southern Caribbean, roundtrip from San Juan. From $499, April 8 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Jewel: 7-night Mediterranean, roundtrip from Barcelona. From $1,099 for outside cabins, July 8 through August 12 sailings.
- Carnival Pride: 7-night Mexican Riviera, roundtrip from Los Angeles. From $579, April 15 through May 6 sailings.
- Celebrity Summit: 7-night Alaska, Vancouver to Seward. From $599, May 25 sailing.
Vacation Shoppe (tel. 866/7-CRUISE; www.vacationshoppe.com)
- Holland America Oosterdam: 7-night Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle. From $599, May 12 sailing.
- Holland America Ryndam: 11-night Coastal and Alaska, San Diego to Vancouver. From $1,039, May 2 sailing.
- Holland America Statendam: 14-night China/Japan/Korea, Hong Kong to Osaka. From $1,629, March 22 sailing.
- Holland America Statendam: 18-night Japan/Russia/Alaska, Osaka to Vancouver. From $2,199, May 3 sailing.
- Carnival Freedom: 12-night Mediterranean, roundtrip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $1,399, June 15 sailing.
- Carnival Spirit: 12-night Hawaiian Islands, Ensenada to Honolulu. From $1,049, April 20, 2008 sailing.
- Carnival Victory: 7-night Canada/New England, roundtrip from New York. From $579, September 8 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night eastern Caribbean, roundtrip from Port Canaveral. From $549, April 14 sailing.
- Carnival Liberty: 8-night eastern Caribbean, roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $569, December 8 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, roundtrip from Port Canaveral. From $559, September 23 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas: 9-night Bermuda and eastern Caribbean, roundtrip from Cape Liberty. From $849, May 11 sailing.
Talk with fellow Frommer's cruisers on our Cruise Message Boards.